Ask the Experts
Painless Therapy for Piles
Today most of the people are busy in their lives and piles is the most common problem that people observe these days. Piles are the inflamed and swollen collection of tissues inside the anal area. These are other forms of hemorrhoids that have support tissue, blood vessels, elastic fibers, and muscles. Hemorrhoids do not cause any problem till they are swollen.
- External piles: Those hemorrhoids begin to happen under the skin and around the anus. It begins outside the anal canal or at the mouth of the anal canal.
- Internal piles: These are present inside the rectum and occurs inside the anal canal and rectum.
- A hard, painful lump is observed around the anus.
- Redness, swelling, and soreness around the anus.
- A lump outside of the anus.
- Pain happens before and after you pass stools.
- There are many causes of piles and those differ from person to person.
- Aging is one of the reasons besides piles as tissue gets to stretch and weaken.
- Indigestion and constipation can be the cause of piles.
- Stress and constant sitting for a longer duration at one place results in piles.
- Improper eating and less amount of fiber food can result in piles problem.
The doctor may do a digital rectal examination which includes proctoscope that is a hollow tube which is fitted with a light. This helps in examining inside of the anal canal. Colonoscopy may also be recommended.
Initial treatment is with the help of medication, and lifestyle changes. Some lifestyle changes would be reducing some body weight and eating lots of fibers. Medicinal options are available for making signs manageable for an individual such as the use of OTC medicines, Corticosteroids, and Laxatives. Some people would require a surgical method for removing piles.
- Banding: An elastic band is kept around the base of piles so that blood supply is cut off. After some time, hemorrhoid falls. This is for less than grade IV piles.
- Infrared coagulation: This device helps in burning hemorrhoid tissue. This treatment works well for grade II and grades III hemorrhoids.
- Sclerotherapy: In this medication is injected so as to reduce hemorrhoid and is meant for grade II and grade III.
- Hemorrhoid stapling: This treatment is less painful as the blood supply is blocked towards hemorrhoid.
- Hemorrhoidectomy: In this, the excess of tissue that is resulting in bleeding should be surgically removed. This surgical procedure is meant for removing out of piles completely.
It is clear that an unhealthy lifestyle is causing piles problem. So, its treatment at right time is important or if kept untreated can result in a severe problem. We want to make people aware of the pile problem and its painless treatments that are available here.